We need some advice. We have thought that buying a house would be quicker than it is turning out to be. So we have been rethinking our options. We are thinking about buying some land and building now. A bunch of people we have talked to think we are crazy for not building because it is getting to be so much cheaper. So here is my question... Do you think it is better to buy a house or to build a house?
9 comments:
Laurie, I don't know much about this subject but I'll tell you what I think. I have heard that building materials are way down from what they were a year ago. I also know that a lot of construction workers are hurting for work, so you may be able to get their services for a lower price because they need the work. I think that with the economy right now, as a buyer or a builder, you're in a good position to bargain and get lower prices. Good luck with whatever you decide, I think no matter what you choose to do, you have the upper hand.
One of my really good friends is a contractor, and he told us that lumber is the lowest price it's been since 2000! So if you're going to build, it will probably cost you a lot less than it would have a few years ago. Also, not that I know much about the subject, but if you build, you can make sure you're getting what you want and you can build the house you want where you want it. Good luck!
BUILD!! Will and I built and I love it because I got to choose everything. I am very happy! There is a lot across the street from me that is for sale :)
I think that it is a good time to build! We are thinking the same thing! YOu will never get these good three combinations again! 1-Lots are cheap becaust the economy is crappy! 2-Interest rates are down so low 3-building materials are really low right now too because of the economy! So if you build now and the economy goes back up, you WIN because you got a good deal on everything!!! My father in law is a contractor so thats is how I now a little bit!! LOL!
Laurie my husband Zane is in the construction business. They sell drywall and everything is down right now. Materials and labor. We are actually in the process of finding a lot to build too cause we have found that we can build for A LOT CHEAPER than we can buy, so I say do it
Well, we are getting ready to build our 2nd home.
It's really fun to design and pick everything out just the way you want.
However...it's definetely not the quickest option! It takes months of looking at plans and land to decided where and what. Then...theres the bank! We've been waiting for our loan since January. Once that finally goes through, then it depends on how fast your contractor is. I would say about a full year from the beginning of the whole process to when you actaually move into your new house. Not the quickest process, but it is awesome to pick everything out just the way you want! good Luck with whatever you decide!
Glad you have to decide and not me!! I have no opinion on the subject :) But it sounds fun to do either.
Build! You get exactly what you want and with prices you really can't afford not to. If we were at a stage in our life that we could even think about buying a house we would be building FOR SURE! And with my parents just building theirs - if you need any advice on anything I'm sure they'd be happy to help! :) Happy building.
I vote build, but I am completely bias as I work for a builder!! We bought existing and remodeled and that was kind of a pain!!
Post a Comment