Sunday, April 19, 2009

Busy Weekend

We have had a super busy weekend. Friday was my dad's birthday. We hope he had a great day and want him to know that we love him lots. He's the best dad ever and I am so happy that he's my dad.

Saturday, I had a baby shower for my friend Joni. She is so adorable. I am so excited for her. It's always lots of fun to get together with the girls and talk and have fun. I also had to do my sister-in-law's hair for Prom. I must have done good the first 2 times because she keeps asking me to do it. Here was the result this time. Here is a close up of her hair. I was surprised at how easy it was to do the updo. All we did was put it in a pony tail and curled it in ringlets. It all pretty much fell into the exact spots I wanted it to.Here is a full view of Shantel in her dress. She looked so pretty. And here is the back view of her hair and dress. The dress was mine from high school and I am so amazed that it wasn't to big for her. Shantel is super skinny and I am amazed that I was that skinny (I wasn't that skinny but I was close). She looked really pretty.

Sunday, Josh had to talk in Sacrament meeting. He did wonderful. He talked about Welfare. I thought he did a great job. As soon as sacrament meeting was over we hurried up to Logan to visit Grandma Falslev. She went into the hospital Friday because she was in a lot of pain. It turns out that she has Diverticulitis. Saturday she was doing a lot better but when we got up there today she had taken a major turn for the worse. Her stomach was very distended and she was very weak. She couldn't squeeze anyones hand. She was unresponsive. We all thought that she was going to pass away so we called everyone up to say goodbye and then they took Grandma in to do a CT scan. When she came back she was looking a lot better. She is still having some problems but she looked a lot better than before. It is definitely mixed emotions. Grandpa Falslev passed away about 13 years ago and Grandma has been alone ever since. She really wants to go on and be with him again. So for that it would be a great blessing for her to go. But we would definitely be sad and would really miss her. Hopefully though, she won't be in any pain and can either recover quickly or be with Grandpa again quickly.

Being up at the hospital reminds me of what a cry-baby I am. I cannot see anyone cry without crying myself. I just don't want them to hurt or be sad like that. It really breaks my heart.

In between running around, we have been trying to find time to come up with house plans. That is such a challenge for us. We are having a super hard time and we are already testing each other's patience. We have fought over house plans for 2 weeks but we finally figured something that we both agree on tonight. A MIRACLE!!! Hopefully it will all work out. There is still some things that need to be touched up but it is getting better.

2 comments:

Tanner and Chantel said...

How is your g-ma?? Kenlie is really excited to come to the dentist on Tuesday!! I hope you still have the bear there...........if not she'll be WAY disappointed. :)

Camie and Brock said...

Great job on her hair! it looked wonderful! I always told you that you could do hair! I hope your grandma is ok! my dad has the diveriticulitis(however you spell it) so i know how much pain they can be in. I hope she gets better!