Friday, September 25, 2009

Main Floor

I have tried and tried to think of something else to post about but really all that is going on in our life is the house and the baby. So here is a picture of how our house is coming along. We got the basement all framed in (Except the stairs and we have someone coming to help us with those). This is a picture of the main floor from the front of the the house. It is so much fun to see how it is coming along. We are doing 9 foot walls on the main and upper floor. Josh called me yesterday at work and said " WOW!!! Our house is going to be so tall" But I love the taller walls. It gives off so much more room.

We are getting ready to move some time next week. We'll be moving in with Josh's family until the house is finished. It is really stressful trying to move and since we'll be living out of boxes (without unpacking a lot) for the next little while it is hard to decide what we'll need in that time frame and what can be put away for good.

Our little guy is still doing really well. He is kicking a lot now and it is so fun. Josh still hasn't felt him because he doesn't have the patience to sit with his hand on my stomach for that long. But the little guy is definitely starting to kick harder now. I LOVE IT!!! We go in for our next appointment next week and I am so excited to see him again. I have moments where it really sinks in that I'm having a baby and its really scary. It hit me the other day that I am almost to my third trimester. Yikes!!! I was talking to someone the other day and I said that I have a son on the way. WOW!!! That was so crazy to hear myself say that. Its still kinda strange to me. But we are so excited. I can't wait for this little guy to get here. I was talking to one of the doctors in my office the other day and he said that life really doesn't start until you have kids. Its hard and its different but that is when life really starts. It made me so excited.

3 comments:

Joni said...

I like checking in on the progress of your house, I'm so excited for you.
I would always get kinda bugged because Dave doesn't have the patience to feel the baby kick either, but now the baby is moving like crazy so he finally got to feel it. I think I was more excited than he was because now I have proof that the baby moves a ton.

Marzipan said...

Yeah for your house and your baby boy!! And it's alright that it's all you post about...my blog is all about Aria and what we do everyday (boring)! But it's so fun to see what's going on in your life!!!

Mama T said...

Hey, I guess I live in a hole, cause no one told me you guys were
expecting! That's great news! I knew about the house but not the baby. Megan told me the news and then told me to check out your blog! Lot's of fun! It's about time Mark became a Grandpa! Way to go you guys!