Thursday, November 19, 2009

Coming along

Our house is coming along really well. We got our stucco all finished this week. We LOVE how it turned out. It was a little different than we had in mind, but isn't everything we've done so far.Here is the stucco on the back of the house. And obviously, the front of the house.
The roofers are almost done with the shingles and then we have to do soffets, fascia, run gutters, etc. Who knew there was so much that went into a house. But we are getting closer and closer to having the entire outside finished!!!! We are so excited with how it is turning out.

Another thing that is coming along is my pregnancy. We are getting more and more ready for the little guy, but there is still so much to get ready. I have some great family and friends that gave me some showers. I realized the other day that I don't have any pictures of my pregnant belly, so we decided to take one after my shower that my friends threw me. Here I am at 32 weeks. I have to say that I have the greatest friends ever. My friend, Camie, came all the way from Idaho for my shower. I saw friends I haven't seen in years. It was so much fun. I love them all so much. Honestly, the best part was just being able to be with them and talk and laugh until we cried.
My mother-in-law threw me another shower on Saturday. Josh's family is great. They came all the way from Logan in a snow-storm just for the shower. We had lots of fun with them too.
My mom/sisters all threw me another shower on Tuesday. It was so much fun. Its always great to see family that we don't see very often. My sisters (sister-in-law included) all did great on the shower. They had the cutest decorations ever. They all did a great job with the showers. Thanks so much to everyone who came. It was great to see everyone. And thanks for everyone who threw the showers for me and put all that hard work into them. It was greatly appreciated by myself, Josh, and our little guy.

7 comments:

Laura y Adam said...

Laurie you look so adorable!!! How beautiful. Your house is turning out great...I love the bricks!

Brian and Amber said...

You look fabulous Laurie!! And your house looks good too :)
Congrats on everything!

Dan and Rachel said...

Hey the house looks great! Good Color choice. It is so hard trying to decide what you house it going to look like without seeing the big picture.
Have you passed your 4-way inspection, do you guys have plumbing and electrical in?

Happy building!

Tanner and Chantel said...

Hi Lu Lu,
This is Kenlie. I love your new house. Thanks for watching the dinosaur movie with me. I miss seeing Sadie. BYE!
Love Kenlie.
Kenlie was down here with me and wanted to write you an "email". Thanks again for watching my little ones. The house is looking just great. Can't wait until it's done! How was the movie???

Tasha said...

The house looks great...it's huge! Sorry I couldn't make it to the shower, hope you got alot of fun stuff!

Camie and Brock said...

The house looks amazing! it'll look even better when it's occupied huh?! I loved being able to come down and be at your baby shower! It was so nice to get to see everyone and laugh until I couldn't breathe anymore! You are so sweet and incrediblely tiny for how far along you are. I hope to see you again soon!

Corey and Susie said...

WOW, the house is looking HUGE..and your still TINY, not fair!