In the great Roy 4th ward, I am the Sunbeam teacher. I have 5 kids that usually come. Some of them are a handful, okay, they are ALL handfuls. But I love them all just the same. Let me preface by saying how terrible last years program was- or how terrible I made it out to be. I left crying because I was so mortified by how these kids acted and that I couldn't keep them under control in front of the whole ward for a few minutes . So, I decided that I wasn't going to care how it went this year. And it went a lot better. I decided that my main goal today was to keep one of my kids from showing the whole ward her underwear. She loves to pull up her dress. It took about all my attention to watch for when she was about to pull her dress up. I had to constantly keep my hand on it to keep it down. Then she kept saying she wanted to get her necklace from her mom. I had to tell her over and over that she could get it when it was over. One of the boys decided he had to go potty in the middle of the program so I sent him to tell his dad. Then he came back and said his tummy hurt so he spent the rest of the program laying on the floor. It was definitely entertaining. But the best part is, I didn't cry today :) and I definitely think it went a lot better than last year.
3 comments:
I'm glad you didn't cry!! The best part of primary programs is watching the kids drive their teachers crazy:) At least that's the best part until it's your child that is driving the teacher crazy. I hope that won't be Kenlie next year.
I totally know how you feel. I was once a sunbeam teacher too. I'm glad you didn't cry too. It really should be the parents who are embarrassed about how there kids act. I had one little boy who would kick and bite. ha ha He eventually got over it and liked primary but it's hard to think such cute kids can be so mean and act so bad. Keep up the hard work! :) You'll get plenty of blessings. :)
Yeah for Primary Programs! We had ours on Sunday, and we lucked out! We teach nursury, and they are not in the program, so we can sit back and enjoy the funny kids and program!
Post a Comment