Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tomatoes


Yesterday, we spent the day at Mom and Dad's canning tomatoes. We did tomato juice and helped Chantel and mom with Spaghetti sauce and soup. It took about half the day to do. We started at 8:00 and finished about 3:00. I don't think I have ever seen so many tomatoes in my life. Josh and I decided that canning is a dying art- our families are the only ones we know who still do it- and that it is something we want to continue on. There is a lot to learn, but what better way to learn it than to do it.

7 comments:

The Bates Family said...

Will is way jealous of your upcoming trip. How long are you going to be gone?

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Cox's Corner was doing the same thing this weekend. I guess at least the Sturdevant's were with all the tomatoes Renae has, and she still has plenty more.
Looks like Tanner was "cornered" into working in the kitchen. Good to see him sporting the Fielding Fielders Jersey; at least that's what it looks like.
~Jared

{Jamey} said...

Taiwan? Wow that sounds like fun trip! Be sure to post pics!

Tanner and Chantel said...

You weren't supposed to put the picture where I am just sitting. Send me the pictures we took that day.

Anonymous said...

i was so happy to see your comment, how are you? Gosh school is okay so far, not hard just soooo time consuming! please tell me its worth it

Anonymous said...

I still can tomatoes too! It's a lot of work, but it's so good!

Stephanie said...

Cute blog Laurie!! I didn't know you had one! We still do tomatoes too....I have done all I can handle this year....I don't care to even look at anymore tomatoes...ever. (lol!) Good luck on your trip. How fun!