Friday, July 24, 2009

Its a...

BOY!!! We went to the dr yesterday and found out that we are having a baby boy. We are so excited. Josh was really excited because he was praying for a boy (Literally)!!! Everything is looking good so far. She said that he has long legs (although I'm not sure who's he's getting those from) and that he was really scrunched up. She moved our due date up again to January 4th. We are really excited. Finally, being able to call our baby "him" and not "it" is making a huge difference and makes him seem more real. My tummy is starting to poke out a little, but it just makes me look like I'm fat. :( I haven't quite hit the pregnant looking stage yet. We are around 16 weeks pregnant. I am finally starting to feel better. The last week has been great. There was only 2 days that I wasn't feeling very good at all during this week. It has been great to be able to move and get off the couch- where I spent most of the first trimester.

More good news... We were having tons of trouble trying to get our permit for our house. We have 2 power poles on our property and the power company was being really dumb and not wanting us to build our house there. Then, they wouldn't give us a strait answer on what we needed to do to get it fixed. They gave us 4 different answers to the same question. GRRRR!!! It was so frustrating. So, we made a minor alteration to our house plans and they FINALLY approved it. YAY!!!! So, we are getting the plans redrawn and then we can resubmit them to the city for the permit. It has been such a pain. Meanwhile, everything else is all ready to go, so as soon as we get the permit, we can sign the loan, and get started. :)

9 comments:

Tasha said...

How fun a boy will be!! That sucks that you've had so much trouble with your house, where are you building?

{Jamey} said...

Congrats! Boy's are the best! Good luck with your house... we are going through the same stuff right now too. It's such a pain!

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! You'll love having a boy, they are so much fun and usually always on the move. I'm glad you are feeling better too! :)

Brett and Chelsea said...

Boys are the best! Doesn't everything seem to happen all at once? How exciting for you guys though.

Tanner and Chantel said...

Oh how cute little Bruno will be. I'm sure that Tripp will appreciate having a boy cousin. (you should just tell us his name so we don't have to call him bruno anymore)

The Bates Family said...

wow! So many exciting things in so little time. Where are you guys building?

Marzipan said...

Yea! A boy! Congratulations! My due date was January 4th with our daughter...and she came one week early! Maybe you will too!!

Camie and Brock said...

Congrats on your baby boy!! I'm so excited for you two! Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Joni said...

Congrats on your baby boy! I'm also pregnant with a baby boy, he's due Dec. 21st. Looks like we can get fat and pregnant together :)