Thursday, January 22, 2009

I can see!!!

For the last couple of years (since I started hygiene) I have noticed that my eyesight is getting worse... especially far away. So, I decided that it was time to go see the eye doctor. He said my eyes aren't terrible but I could definitely use glasses. I really wanted glasses and not contacts because I don't want to wear them all the time and I fall asleep on the couch so much that I didn't want to worry about taking them out or leaving them in. So, yesterday the doctor called and said my glasses were in. YEA!!! I can finally see. I was amazed at how blind I was. I thought I could see up close pretty good but I couldn't see at all. Here are a few things that I was amazed at... The trees have branches, not just blurry things sticking out from them. There is a clock at work that has a little guy running on it, I thought it was just a dot. My hair looks completely different with glasses on (the highlights are more pronounced). I love looking at signs without my glasses on and barely being able to read them and then putting on my glasses and I can see them just fine. Its Amazing. I never knew what I was missing. I just hope I don't look too geeky.

8 comments:

Tanner and Chantel said...

Welcome to my world!! You look cute. Now you'll have to clean our teeth again to get what you missed the last time :)

Holly and Daric said...

I absolutely know the blurry eyes must be from hygiene! I had always had such awesome vision before. I had to get glasses right before graduation and Joni told me she thinks her eyes started getting bad from hygiene as well when she got her contacts. I was totally the same with trees, who knew you were supposed to be able to see individual leaves from so far away, it's amazing how fast you forget what you used to be able to see. I so wish I could just go back to my normal vision. Do you wear loupes? I don't and have been curious as to if that would have saved my eyes, what do you think?

Lauren said...

I think they look really cute. :) The best part is you can see. Ha ha you're so funny! :)

Alicia and Jake said...

way cute glasses u look dazzling in them!! i actually have an eye app tomorrow to get my glasses updATED to my eyes its sad as u get older your eyes stART TO change!! congrats on the new lenses

Erin said...

You don't look geeky at all. You look cute.

Corey and Susie said...

Oh..so cute! You look darling! How's your hair...now that you can really see! :)

Oh..and by the way, Jillian's personal trainer for the Wii is awesome! It kicks your butt though!

Dustin, Joni & Brighton said...

Cute! I completely understand the feeling of "Trees have branches." that was one of the first things I noticed after I got my contacts. I was so amazed! By the way you look great!

The Bates Family said...

You look cute with glasses. I wonder if my eye sight got bad from hygiene too cuz I need glasses now too.